Making the Right Decision
It is often difficult for individuals and their loved ones to determine whether or not they could benefit from the assistance of a home health agency. While the patient's primary physician or other medical professionals will help with this decision, there are several questions you can ask yourself to better understand if the services of a home health agency can help you or your loved one.
How to know if home health care is right for you?
Do you or your loved one:
• Require complex home treatments like IV medications, wound care, or tube feedings?
• Have unstable problems such as blood pressure, blood sugars, or pain?
• Need nursing or physical, occupational, speech therapy?
• Need medical social services or home health aide?
• Find it difficult to follow your physician's recommended treatment at home?
• Need assistance with instructions on medications, diet, or treatments?
• Have a history of multiple hospitalizations and / or unstable medical history?
• Feel less independent after being discharged from the hospital?
• Have a potentially life-threatening, severely incapacitating, or terminal diagnosis?
• Have a new diagnosis?
• Have new or adjusted medications?
• Notice a recent decline in routine functions?
• Require medical evaluation and observation?
• Need additional care following a recent surgery?
• Need additional care after returning home from an inpatient rehab facility, skilled nursing facility, or assisted living facility?
Additional Home Care Services
Home health care can provide in-home elderly care for an aging parent experiencing declining health and can assist with various types of therapies and support for patients with disabilities. Additionally, home care providers offer skilled nursing for a person suffering from a chronic illness or a patient recovering from an illness, injury, surgery, or recent change in medical condition. Professional health care and therapy services are delivered in the patient's home under the direction of his or her personal physician.
Learn More about Home Care Services from Haven Home Health
If you have any questions about your particular situation or would like to learn more about Haven Home Health's services, please contact us online , or call 888-428-3600 and a Haven representative will be happy to assist you.
Haven Home Health proudly serves the rural parishes of NE Louisiana: Beinville, Caldwell, Catahoula, Claiborne, Concordia, Franklin, Grant, Jackson, LaSalle, Lincoln, Morehouse, Ouachita, West Carroll, Union, Winn, Madison, Richland and Tensas Parishes.