Medicare Coverage Information for Home Health Services
Once your physician has determined that your medical needs can be addressed by home health care services and a care plan has been established, you and your loved ones must choose a Medicare-approved home health agency that accepts your insurance. For nearly three decades, Haven Home Health has filled that role for NE Louisianians in need of quality home care services.
Medicare pays for the following if all conditions for eligibility are met:
* Skilled nursing services on an intermittent or part-time basis: This is limited to nursing care that can only be provided safely and effectively by a licensed nurse.
* Home health aide services: These services include assistance with personal care such as bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living.
* Physical therapy as long as it is medically reasonable and necessary: This includes exercise to restore and maintain movement and strength to an injured arm or leg as well as training in getting into and out of a wheelchair or bathtub.
* Speech therapy as long as it is medically reasonable and necessary: This type of therapy includes exercises to restore speech.
* Occupational therapy as long as it is medically reasonable necessary: This type of therapy provides assistance aimed at helping you achieve independence in daily living by teaching new techniques for eating, dressing, as well as other routine tasks.
* Medical social services: This includes a service that evaluates the emotional and social factors related to your illness, provides counseling based on this assessment, and searches for available resources within the community.
* Certain medical equipment: This includes items such as wheelchairs, walkers, and oxygen equipment. Depending on your plan, Medicare may pay a percentage of the approved amount, and you are responsible for the remainder.
Medicare also does not cover the following types of services and supplies:
* In-home non-medical services such as shopping, house chores, and cooking. Home health aides may perform some light household chores only when they are providing covered services.
* Personal care provided by home health aides, such as bathing, toileting, or dressing, unless you are receiving skilled nursing care or therapy and the personal care is related to the treatment of your illness or injury
* 24-hour in-home care
* Meals delivered to the home
Louisiana's Medicare-Approved Home Care Provider for More than 25 Yrs
Haven Home Health accepts private insurance and has also been a Medicare-approved home care agency since 1985. If you have questions about your insurance plan's home health care coverage, limitations, and any costs to you, please contact us online , or call 888-428-3600 and a Haven representative will be happy to discuss your situation and needs.